Updated: Oct 5, 2021
Do you find yourself unmotivated and exhausted lately? Do you dread waking up in the morning, feel anxious, depressed, or maybe even burnt out? Those might be the symptoms of your deeper life dissatisfaction, the signs that you are ready for a new chapter.
In this post, I will walk you through the signs you've lost track in life and offer a step-by-step framework to help you get back on track.
10 signs you are not on track in life
Here are the 10 signs that can indicate you need a life change:
1. You don’t feel excited getting up in the morning anymore
2. You often experience the ‘Sunday night blues’ dreading getting back to work on Monday
3. You often catch yourself thinking “What’s the point of it all?”
4. You feel like a hamster in a wheel trapped in your 9-5 job
5. You know there are people out there living a fulfilling life, but somehow everyone around you lives a life like yours and you think you must be stupid wanting something else
6. There is a career or a hobby that excites you, but you feel it’s too late, expensive, silly to change your life track now that you’ve already invested so much time and effort into your career
7. You’ve been in a demanding job for quite some time and feel exhausted and want to have a more balanced life
8. Your body shows the signs that you need to rebalance – you lost your sleep, gained weight, feel anxious or depressed
9. You are missing the things that are important to you in your life – like spending time with friends, having a significant other or being in nature.
10. Your list of hobbies, dreams, passion projects keeps growing but you can’t find the time or energy to work on it.
Have you recognised yourself in one of a few of those statements? This could mean that it’s time for you to take a step back and revise your trajectory.
You might discover you only need to tweak a few things, or you might decide do a full life overhaul. In any case, it seems like it’s time to look at your Life Strategy.